• Page:

TOPIC: Additional effects with S-Gear

Additional effects with S-Gear 1 year 8 months ago #14197

Be careful with input clipping, I took out my ID14 yesterday. If you are getting any popping or clicking sounds, increasing the DAW's buffer size will fix the symptom but not the illness.
  • rose703
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Additional effects with S-Gear 1 year 8 months ago #14198

rose703 wrote:
Be careful with input clipping, I took out my ID14 yesterday. If you are getting any popping or clicking sounds, increasing the DAW's buffer size will fix the symptom but not the illness.

Not sure what you mean when you say you took out your ID14 - you mean damaged it?
  • richpjr
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Additional effects with S-Gear 1 year 8 months ago #14199

Yes damaged is another way of putting it. It became very obvious when streaming a Facebook video of a guy playing guitar that the popping has nothing to do with the DAW, plug-ins, or various others settings. My buffer at that point was set to 256 samples with a latency measure of roughly 19 milliseconds. My testing of a cheaper alternate audio interface I own got me a clean sound (no popping) with a buffer set to as low as 32 samples, resulting in a latency of a little less than 5 milliseconds. I opened a ticket with Audient and as always they were quickly helpful in trouble shooting the product.

I freely admitted to the Audient tech that I was using a Weber Minimass. The Audient tech did not take a position that the attenuator really had anything to do with it. I knew better.

As I'm going back through the events I remember over time I believe the attenuator was the most damaging thing to the ID14. Thinking about how my I/O buffer size crept up over time, before using the attenuator, I believe the boost pedal also did some damage to the ID14. I'm sure my theory can be debunked but what I'm left with is Audient advising me to lower my input levels to fix the problem. I don't think when I watch Sling TV, Facebook, YouTube that is an option.
  • rose703
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Additional effects with S-Gear 1 year 8 months ago #14200

Interesting. I also have an ID14 and have been battling popping myself and am about to replace it because it's annoying to the point of being unusable unless I crank the input signal way down on everything (DAW, iTunes, Facebook, etc.). I have seen more than one person on other forums experiencing the same issue and some feel it is the OS X drivers. I am using it on an iMac and am pretty disappointed as it has the features I need.
  • richpjr
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Additional effects with S-Gear 1 year 8 months ago #14201

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to look into this issue more on other forums and test the ID14 on a windows computer. After installing the ID14 did you ever update the firmware? I did not and I don't see the version 3.0.2 release date on the Audient website. I'd like to debunk my attenuator theory.
  • rose703
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Additional effects with S-Gear 1 year 8 months ago #14202

I have updated it a couple of times. The latest driver and firmware are here:

audient.com/products/audio-interfaces/id14/downloads/
  • richpjr
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Additional effects with S-Gear 1 year 8 months ago #14203

I updated the firmware and driver. My fix for this problem is to lower the input and output levels and turn up the master volume in the DAW.
  • rose703
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Additional effects with S-Gear 1 year 8 months ago #14207

That is what I have to do, except having the volume down on everything application is a pain. I was listening to music on iTunes last night and it happened. Also happened watching a Youtube video. It's just stupid to have drivers this bad. I read somewhere that Audient did not write their own drivers, they use generic USB audio drivers written for the chip. I'm seriously looking at an RME Babyface Pro as a replacement - that would be going from the worst drivers out to the best drivers out. Just hate to shell out more money as the ID14 would be perfect with better drivers.
  • richpjr
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Additional effects with S-Gear 1 year 8 months ago #14208

I'm selling a amp two pedals and the attenuator. I bought the atomic amplifier last night.
  • rose703
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Additional effects with S-Gear 1 year 8 months ago #14210

atomic amplifier is a killer!!!
  • Daco_one
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Additional effects with S-Gear 1 year 4 months ago #14760

Here is a video displaying how to add different Wah Wah pedals to S-Gear in Gig Performer and then A/B the resulting sound.

How to add a Wah Wah pedal to Scuffham S-Gear using Gig Performer

Full disclosure: I am involved with Gig Performer, but S-Gear has been my go to plugin for a long time.
www.gigperformer.com
  • djogon
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Additional effects with S-Gear 1 week 2 days ago #18158

Hi everyone, now @ 2018, just resurrecting an old topic with similar question.

I find that S-Gear’s modulation is more than enough for my basic needs. But I still want to add couple of extra effects like pitch shifter, harmonizer. Any advise? Would anybody recommend buying a stompbox for such purpose OR using VST alongside with S-Gear, which path is the best? Thanks!
  • onzki
  • Tone Star
Brain/Heart->Fingers->Gtr >Pedal->Apogee Jam 96K ->Mac->ATH-M50->Ears->and it loops back endlessly ;)
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Additional effects with S-Gear 1 week 1 day ago #18165

Using VST's is certainly more flexible. Also they're probably cheaper - if net free ;)
  • jbraner
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
The following user(s) said Thank You: onzki

Additional effects with S-Gear 1 week 1 day ago #18166

onzki wrote:
Hi everyone, now @ 2018, just resurrecting an old topic with similar question.

I find that S-Gear’s modulation is more than enough for my basic needs. But I still want to add couple of extra effects like pitch shifter, harmonizer. Any advise? Would anybody recommend buying a stompbox for such purpose OR using VST alongside with S-Gear, which path is the best? Thanks!

www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=708
My instrumental EP: doctor7.bandcamp.com/album/political-rollercoaster
My other EP with songs: doctor7.bandcamp.com/album/three-ways-of-telling-a-story
I am an artist endorsed by Kinman pickups.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Additional effects with S-Gear 1 week 1 day ago #18167

djogon wrote:
Here is a video displaying how to add different Wah Wah pedals to S-Gear in Gig Performer and then A/B the resulting sound.

How to add a Wah Wah pedal to Scuffham S-Gear using Gig Performer

Full disclosure: I am involved with Gig Performer, but S-Gear has been my go to plugin for a long time.
www.gigperformer.com
Looks like a very good program, however, the asking price it's simply too expensive for me to even consider the purchase.
  • LtKojak
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Additional effects with S-Gear 4 days 4 hours ago #18182

Since you're already using an amp sim, I'd suggest going with VST effects. As Jbraner said, they're often free. And since they're in the box you have more options to control practically any parameter with a midi pedalboard.

I read the original, older post... here's how I ended up doing wah, for free. I use Blue Cats Triple EQ 4 (free). I set one expression pedal on an FCB1010 to sweep the center frequency. But what's cool is that you have total control over the shape of the EQ curve, tone, amount of wah, etc. I even found the eq curve of a cry baby and emulated that. And it's fun to click the invert button for an inverse wah.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Additional effects with S-Gear 4 days 2 hours ago #18183

Kuassa now has a wah plugin which is exceptional. FWIW, this brand covers nearly all of my in-the-box guitar effects to the point that I don't much miss the pedal board.

www.kuassa.com/products/efektor-wf3607-wah-filter/

I use a standard Ernie Ball volume pedal (with a TRS cable, which essentially turns it into an expression pedal) and although there's a hint of delay it's easy to adjust to, and having 5 models, including the MuTrons, is a bonus.
  • elambo
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Additional effects with S-Gear 4 days 27 minutes ago #18185

I use the Kuassa plug-ins also. Great plug-ins and as Elambo says they cover everything for me too.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Additional effects with S-Gear 3 days 7 hours ago #18186

I also use kuassa plugins, it's great, but I also use another brand as tse audio. It would be great to be able to share presets with these pedals in front of S-gear, but it's not possible to share them ... Like with Blue Cat's Patchwork? or other software ?? what do you think?
  • Jordi
  • Tone Star
Last Edit: 3 days 7 hours ago by Jordi.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds