TOPIC: S-Gear 3 a new plugin?

S-Gear 3 a new plugin? 2 weeks 5 days ago #18263

In the update from a few months ago it said
It is envisioned that S-GEAR v3 will be a new App and Plug-in to incorporate developments in the core amp modelling technology along with other heavily requested features such as drive & compression effects in front of the amp section

Does this mean that it will be a completely new program? To be honest I kind of hope it is so things can be added to the existing amps. I know Mike said that he liked the way to amp gain worked on the wayfarer and the Custom 57 and he wish he did that for the older amps. I hope now he can because I think that would sound great with the Steeler, etc. For the most part I think the exsisting amps are close to perfect, but little things like that or a modern switch(slight highpass and boost) added to the Jackal could improve things.

I was just wondering if v3 will be a remake of S-gear or just an addition to what is available now?
  • Chan
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 3 a new plugin? 2 weeks 4 days ago #18273

Chan wrote:
In the update from a few months ago it said
It is envisioned that S-GEAR v3 will be a new App and Plug-in to incorporate developments in the core amp modelling technology along with other heavily requested features such as drive & compression effects in front of the amp section

Does this mean that it will be a completely new program? To be honest I kind of hope it is so things can be added to the existing amps. I know Mike said that he liked the way to amp gain worked on the wayfarer and the Custom 57 and he wish he did that for the older amps. I hope now he can because I think that would sound great with the Steeler, etc. For the most part I think the exsisting amps are close to perfect, but little things like that or a modern switch(slight highpass and boost) added to the Jackal could improve things.

I was just wondering if v3 will be a remake of S-gear or just an addition to what is available now?

Hi Chan,

Yes, this is definitely my thinking - to allow S-GEAR 3 to host re-visited versions of the existing amps alongside any new amp models. Hence the idea that S-GEAR 3 will be a completely new plug-in. Of course plans change so we have to see how this pans out.

S-GEAR v2.9 will provide the newly updated framework with existing amps (exact same algorithms), and other new features.

Mike
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatherjacques

S-Gear 3 a new plugin? 2 weeks 4 days ago #18274

I was thinking about buying S-Gear and see you talking about v3. If I buy v2.7 or v2.9 I guess there will be an upgrade cost to v3?
  • revsorg
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 3 a new plugin? 2 weeks 4 days ago #18275

revsorg wrote:
I was thinking about buying S-Gear and see you talking about v3. If I buy v2.7 or v2.9 I guess there will be an upgrade cost to v3?

Hi revsorg,

The current focus is on S-GEAR v2.9 which has involved the biggest development phase since the very first release of S-GEAR. Of course it is great to have some discussion and reveal some thinking beyond the next version. Here on the forum there is a lot of discussion about how people would like to see S-GEAR evolve and this is generally referred to as S-GEAR3.

Chan asks a very good question which is very much in tune with my thinking about how we need to move forward with S-GEAR. I would say that already with development of S-GEAR v2.9 we are necessarily 're-making' large parts of the software - but without altering the audio processing of the existing and well established amps and effects.

Mike
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
The following user(s) said Thank You: NightWalker, hoss, fatherjacques, Chan, evo5150, mohi, asintoras, swaite, Dallon426, popco
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds