TOPIC: S-Gears Stock IR's

S-Gears Stock IR's 1 week 5 days ago #18368

Anyone know on the hard drive (Windows 10) that the stock IR's for S-Gear are held? I'm having trouble locating.

Reason I ask is that I've just recently got a Helix LT which supports 3rd party IR's. I've always stuck to S-Gears stock ones as they sound great. Don't get me wrong, the stock cabs in the Helix sound great also, but I just don't want to jump down that whole rabbit hole which is the world of 3rd part IR's when I already know the S-Gear ones are top quality.

So would be great to hear them in the Helix.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gears Stock IR's 1 week 4 days ago #18369

bigcraigie_1 wrote:
Anyone know on the hard drive (Windows 10) that the stock IR's for S-Gear are held? I'm having trouble locating.

Reason I ask is that I've just recently got a Helix LT which supports 3rd party IR's. I've always stuck to S-Gears stock ones as they sound great. Don't get me wrong, the stock cabs in the Helix sound great also, but I just don't want to jump down that whole rabbit hole which is the world of 3rd part IR's when I already know the S-Gear ones are top quality.

So would be great to hear them in the Helix.
They're embedded in the program, they can't be used as 3rd. party IRs in other programs other than S-Gear.
  • LtKojak
  • Tone King
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gears Stock IR's 1 week 4 days ago #18371

Thanks for the reply LtKojak. Thats unfortunate as I’ve tried some of the free ones from Ownhammer etc, but never though they we as good as the stock ones in S-Gear (my own personal opinion of course).
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gears Stock IR's 1 week 4 days ago #18374

bigcraigie_1 wrote:
Thanks for the reply LtKojak. Thats unfortunate as I’ve tried some of the free ones from Ownhammer etc, but never though they we as good as the stock ones in S-Gear (my own personal opinion of course).
Which ones do you currently use with S-Gear? I have a certain amount of experience with IRs, maybe I could be of assistance.
  • LtKojak
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gears Stock IR's 1 week 4 days ago #18375

[/quote]
Which ones do you currently use with S-Gear? [/quote]

Yeah, my question would have been the same.
Since the first IR's are from Redwirez I guess one could get those same ones from Redwires themselves. It's just a lot of hassle, research, comparing, because Mike originally picked the IR's that best suited the amps in S-Gear. For instance not all the original S-gear/Redwirez cabs have the same mic positioning options in the ProConvolver. Now I've never tried Redwirez IR's outside of S-gear, but considering the way most IR making companies work is that they make all their cabs have the same IR options. So same mikes for every cab with the same mic positions. S-Gear , as I said is a collection of the best ones that fit S-sgear (according to Mike's ears at least, which by the way are ones to be trusted, seeing/hearing his own IR's. :)
  • tanarur
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gears Stock IR's 1 week 3 days ago #18376

To a real extent this boils down to understanding the broader S-Gear value proposition. A key part of that in my opinion is Mike. I have certain skills in developing and comparing tones using my available equipment, including S-Gear. But my ears aren’t that great (I wear hearing aids), and I’m not a professional musician. So I don’t get to interact with a lot of other guitar players on a daily basis discovering what works and doesn’t work for creating tone. So the biggest value poposition for me with S-Gear is that I get to leverage Mike’s ears and experience, and I’ve come to really trust his judgment, mostly by listening to what he has produced and the S-Gear clips on on the site. That’ to me is the real value of S-Gear.
  • jamsden
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds