S-Gear 2.9 status? 5 months 3 weeks ago #19575

Who keeps deleting my comments?

Extremely unprofessional.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 5 months 3 weeks ago #19577

Ti_Dom wrote:

Who keeps deleting my comments?

Extremely unprofessional.

I can see shadow messages after they're deleted but don't see any recent deletions. When was the deleted message originally posted?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 4 months 1 week ago #19737

i drop in time to time to see if anything new is happening, seems like not.
  • Aristoteles D
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 4 months 1 week ago #19739

What would Steve Jobs say? I think he had a quote on this situation...
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by erik.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 4 months 6 days ago #19740

erik wrote:

What would Steve Jobs say?
Well, I think his ghost would say "I'm pretty much dead, so everything I could say nobody will be able to hear"?

Any other fearless taker of unappropriate humor here...?
Last edit: 4 months 6 days ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 4 months 6 days ago #19741

• Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 4 months 6 days ago #19747

Hmmm, call me crazy but I don't think Ned Stark is talking about a pinky promise there.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 4 months 4 days ago #19749

I hope for a lot more than a revamped interface in whatever new version is coming ...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 4 months 8 hours ago #19770

mohi wrote:

I hope for a lot more than a revamped interface in whatever new version is coming ...

if we live long enough, we will see.
would not mind some pre tale about the situation, or even rumour.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hoss
  • Aristoteles D
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 3 weeks ago #19797

I’d just like to follow up from the enthusiasm of my original post. I work in the IT industry and do not shy away from a piece of software when trying to tweak it to get the most out of it.

Since buying SGear 2, I went back *again* and tried all the usual amp sims, PLUS Fortin Nameless Suite. I even demoed a Universal Audio Apollo Twin USB so I could try their Marshall sims. Guess where I ended up after weeks of scrutinizing? Right back with my Scarlett 2i2 and SGear 2.7. It’s just the best for me.

Once more, cheers to Mike and his masterpiece. There’s no wonder there’s so much excitement and inquisition around the next release. Take your time and get it right, Mike! We are pulling for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike, cojoguitar, DC42
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 1 week ago #19835

Is version 3 a mythical dream as it almost seems like it now?........I like this software but soooo need more fx etc not more amps or cabs!
  • Roobarb55
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 1 week ago #19836

I would not be surprised if Mike skips a 2.9 version and goes straight to ver 3.
With arrival maybe in 2020.
Based on absoloutely no facts at all 😉😉
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 1 week ago #19838

Has anyone mentioned a rumor in 2030? It's a joke, do not rush. While you have long life you can see it, no hurry, jajaja
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Jordi.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 1 week ago #19839

LouDorn wrote:

I would not be surprised if Mike skips a 2.9 version and goes straight to ver 3.
With arrival maybe in 2020.
Based on absoloutely no facts at all 😉😉

He'll probably release 3.0 right around the same time the new Tool album is finished :side:

Edit: Memes aside, a quick search revealed that Tool is actually releasing their album soon. Ho Lee Balls :woohoo: ! Mike better get on it :thumbs up:
  • LorenzoGamble
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by LorenzoGamble.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 6 days ago #19841

Roobarb55 wrote:

Is version 3 a mythical dream as it almost seems like it now?........I like this software but soooo need more fx etc not more amps or cabs!

Why do you want to turn the best amp sim into just another BIAS FX clone, with junk amps and cabs, and a huge collection of pointless effects?

If you want effects, run S-Gear in a DAW and use effect VSTs, or run BIAS or some other effect-heavy "sim" in front of it with the amp and cab turned off.

S-Gear already has the only effects it needs, which coincidentally happen to be amongst the best of their type in any amp sim.

If you want, for example, an overdrive, just download the free Mercuriall Tubes Creamer VST, which blows away every other 808/TS9 effect in other sims.

S-Gear is known for having the best amps and cabs. Let them concentrate on what they do best, instead of diluting the program with junk.

As far as I'm concerned, the only improvement this needs is an updated UI, perhaps with the ability to undock elements from the interface, such as the patches window.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cojoguitar, gdavis, Wiwolos
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 6 days ago #19843

I think you are saying what a lot of S Gear users think....
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 6 days ago #19844

I don’t necessarily agree. S-Gear current UI isn’t a blocker for me, its not what stops me from using S-Gear exclusively. Playing live is all about simplicity, predictability, reliability and consistency. Using VST hosts or something like MainStage can bring a lot of piece parts together, but this results in complexity that the typical guitarist isn’t going to be able to deal with. So we’re not there yet with S-Gear as a viable, general purpose, widely adopted live performance solution.

Mike’s approach to amp modeling, chorus, delay and reverb I think is way above what anyone else has done. But that’s not enough for a complete rig. I would really like to see what he would produce for Wah, overdrive, distortion, fuzz, phaser, Uni-Vibe, etc. - the core, timeless front of the amp effects. This might be enough for me to deal with a computer live.

You might find Mercuriall plugins are just fine. But I think Mike is using a unique algorithm to create distortion, perhaps unlike any other. I would love to see his version of Drive Thing so we have more control of voicing before and after distortion than is typically available in his amp models.

I anxiously await whatever Mike delivers. But what I really want is S-Gear blocks in Helix. Make a deal with Line6 and make it happen!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 6 days ago #19845

At the end all comes to the needs we have. I do not play live but can understand you need more effects and you need an all in one solution easy to use and reliable.

As far as the UI. It does not bother me at all. I am so used to it and I have S Gear for so long that I made most of the presets I needed anyways.

The only software pedal I use sometimes is The Scream from Cytomic at 8X OS.

I made different presets that are close to some hardware pedals I used to own. There are also several presets that reproduce different pedals we all know. (TS9, TS808,Grid Slammer, SD1 etc...)

For sure the day Mike will add the drive thing I know what I am going to do :-)

Playing live I would probably put an Helix Stomp in front of S Gear .....
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 4 days ago #19849

How about this then. Include a VST loader, similar to Peavey Revalver 4. That way, people can load their own VSTs into S-Gear without having to use a DAW, which would also make it easier to control them via MIDI.

<edit> Just noticed somebody else has suggested it in the requested features thread.

<edit #2> Thinking about it more, a VST loader would be my #1 choice if there could be only one additional feature. The possibilities it would open up would be endless. (Of course, a looper and an mp3 player would be nice too...I mean, Guitar Rig 5 has had a looper, and audio file players at the beginning and end of the chain for ages, and all the other amp sims have still only just started catching up).
Last edit: 3 months 4 days ago by KahunaNui.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 4 days ago #19850

I just would like him to release 2.9 quickly with the updated IR loader and organizer. The current one is disappointing:/
That's my biggest problem with this delay.
Even if he released an updated version with that ONE feature, I would be satisfied.
That being said S-Gear is the best plugin I have. I use it everyday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gdavis
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds