TOPIC: Windows 7

Windows 7 6 months 5 days ago #21003

Hey! Still no Win7? There will ever be?
I'm asking because I believe my interface, Alesis IO14, is not compatible with windows 10.
  • BrunoMariano
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Windows 7 6 months 4 days ago #21006

BrunoMariano wrote:

I'm asking because I believe my interface, Alesis IO14, is not compatible with windows 10.
I just looked; the last version of the 64-bit drivers were updated in June, 2010. So the IO14 must be at least twelve years old. Looking at the technology in AD/DA present at that time, any one-hundred bucks interface on the market would be an improvement, compared with that one. My advice: get a Behringer UMC404HD through Amazon; you can thank me later. I do own one, so no hearsay; it works flawlessly with Win 10 and their drivers provide a rock-solid result in recording with a round trip latency of less than 6 ms @ 64 samples. It can take 32 as well, but as I don't really need it, I prefer to have more tracks at my disposal than a even smaller latency. YMMV.

Last, but not least; if the drivers of the Alesis are properly written, I bet they'll would work with Win10 too.

Tudo bom, Bruno!

Yours very truly,
Last edit: 6 months 4 days ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Windows 7 6 months 4 days ago #21007

No win7, no upgrades for me.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Windows 7 6 months 3 days ago #21011

player99 wrote:

No win7, no upgrades for me.
No soup for you!!! :P

(Seinfeld reference)
Last edit: 6 months 3 days ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Windows 7 6 months 2 days ago #21017

LtKojak wrote:

BrunoMariano wrote:

I just looked; the last version of the 64-bit drivers were updated in June, 2010. So the IO14 must be at least twelve years old. Looking at the technology in AD/DA present at that time, any one-hundred bucks interface on the market would be an improvement, compared with that one. My advice: get a Behringer UMC404HD through Amazon; you can thank me later. I do own one, so no hearsay; it works flawlessly with Win 10 and their drivers provide a rock-solid result in recording with a round trip latency of less than 6 ms @ 64 samples. It can take 32 as well, but as I don't really need it, I prefer to have more tracks at my disposal than a even smaller latency. YMMV.

Last, but not least; if the drivers of the Alesis are properly written, I bet they'll would work with Win10 too.

Tudo bom, Bruno!

Yours very truly,

Thanks for the advice, LtKojak. Just updated to Windows10 and you are right: Alesis IO14 works no problem. I did a update, not clean instalation, it kept all my configurations, only noticed a little more unsync noise when using s-gear with buffer at 64. No problem at 128.
  • BrunoMariano
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Windows 7 6 months 1 day ago #21020

The following user(s) said Thank You: mr-es335
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Windows 7 6 months 1 day ago #21021

Dallon426,

Okay...So what is your point n sending this?

PS: I clicked the wrong button...sorry!!
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Windows 7 6 months 10 hours ago #21032

I recently discovered that my audio sync issues were caused by the "High precision event timer" driver being enabled in Win10. It's no longer used for audio sync since Win8. Try disabling it in the "Device Manager>System devices" to see if that improves things. I actually disabled it in my Bios as well. Worked a charm to keep all my video & audio in sync. Wish I had known that years ago...Doh!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dallon426
  • GCKelloch
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Windows 7 5 months 4 weeks ago #21035

Hmm, interesting I did not know about this

• Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Windows 7 5 months 4 weeks ago #21036

GCKelloch wrote:

I recently discovered that my audio sync issues were caused by the "High precision event timer" driver being enabled in Win10. It's no longer used for audio sync since Win8. Try disabling it in the "Device Manager>System devices" to see if that improves things. I actually disabled it in my Bios as well. Worked a charm to keep all my video & audio in sync. Wish I had known that years ago...Doh!

Is this running in win7 too?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Windows 7 5 months 4 weeks ago #21037

I think it works better in Win7, but you'd need to do research or testing to find out.
  • GCKelloch
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Windows 7 2 months 3 weeks ago #21515

Anyone tried the new version with Windows 7?

Any luck?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Windows 7 2 months 3 weeks ago #21516

Hey!
I've upgraded to windows 10 with no regrets.
  • BrunoMariano
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Windows 7 2 months 3 weeks ago #21517

player99,
Anyone tried the new version with Windows 7?Any luck?
... Do the specs not state clearly what OS is required?...

Specifications
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10
- macOS 10.10 - 10.15

That should pretty much "nail it"!
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by mr-es335.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Windows 7 2 months 3 weeks ago #21522

Try an upgrade your OS and see if your alesis works. Might want to upgrade your soundcard. There are many on the market far superior and for a good price.
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Dallon426.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Windows 7 2 months 3 weeks ago #21523

BrunoMariano,
In situations such as this, I see three possible scenarios...

Scenario 1: Stay where you are. I mean, if you are happy with the output, then there is really no need to update.

Scenario 2: If your existing system does not have an SSD, then obtain one. Windows 10 does prefer SSD's over HDD's. Clone your HDD to the SSD and then perform a Windows 10 update!
• Surprisingly...you can still do this!

In this manner you can see if Windows 10 does install the drivers for your interface. If the update does not work, then you know what you need to do next.

Scenario 3: If you do not want to go with the added expense of an SSD, them image your existing system and then perform the update as noted above.

Keeping all of the above in mind, upgrading to Windows 10 is really NOT the way to go however. I suggest obtaining an LTSC version of Windows 10 - then performing a clean install of the OS. Again, obtain an SSD to do so. This will leave your exiting HDD intact.

I hope this information is of practicable assistance to you?
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by mr-es335.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Windows 7 2 months 3 weeks ago #21524

Thanks mr-es335 and Dallon426, but as I stated 3 months ago I've already upgraded to Windows 10 and my Alesis interface worked just fine! Player99 is the one to help now!
  • BrunoMariano
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Windows 7 2 months 3 weeks ago #21526

I have so much loaded and tweaked on my pc I am not moving to w10 for a plugin upgrade. I will eventually buy a new pc and slowly migrate everything over. I like the way my pc is, so I'm in no hurry to drop 2K on a new box to do exactly what my current box does.

Someone posted a few months ago they had it running on w7. I was hoping others got the upgrade to work on w7 as well. IIRC the issue was with midi controls not working.
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by player99.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds