TOPIC: FBV3 + Reaper & Midi Control. How to change patches? (video attached)

FBV3 + Reaper & Midi Control. How to change patches? (video attached) 2 months 4 weeks ago #21500

Hello friends...

Hey I have a line 6 FBV3 that I am trying to use as a midi foot controller for S-Gear.

On my foot controller, I want to be able to press the a,b,c,d etc... buttons and have that change the corresponding patches in S-Gear. I have tried a bunch of stuff, the closest I have got was with what Kierank showed in regards to minus 1 or plus 5 etc... That's is closest I got but not quite perfect.

I'm hoping someone knows some sort of workaround to accomplish what I'm talking about in the video below.

Any ideas? Any feedback would be much appreciated

Last edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by Seti808.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

FBV3 + Reaper & Midi Control. How to change patches? (video attached) 2 months 3 weeks ago #21502

Direct preset selection in S-Gear is via Program Change (PC) midi messages. There is nothing to set up within S-Gear for this - your FBV3 just needs the buttons configured to send the specific PC number for the preset e.g. PC2 = preset 2.

You should see Program Change as an option in the Midi Command column in your FBV Control app.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

FBV3 + Reaper & Midi Control. How to change patches? (video attached) 2 months 3 weeks ago #21505

will dig into this tommorow thanks for the direction kierank!

Will that work on 2.7 or 2.9 only?
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Seti808.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

FBV3 + Reaper & Midi Control. How to change patches? (video attached) 2 months 3 weeks ago #21506

Midi control works differently with the VST3 plugin. But you are using the standard VST2 version and the program changes will work the same with both 2.7 and 2.9.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds