TOPIC: using launchpad mini to control s-gear

using launchpad mini to control s-gear 5 months 3 weeks ago #15740

Hi all,

I'm trying to use a launchpad mini to control s-gear, specifically preset up and down(at the moment), but it doesn't seem to work.

Am I missing something?

I'll be doing in it Ableton ultimately, but I'm trying to get it to work through the standalone firstly, just to make sure it's not an issue with ableton.

I've selected the launchpad in the audio driver configuration>midi, switched both in and out to on for the launchpad. The s-gear lights up, so it's receiving information from the launchpad when a button is pressed(it doesn't light up in abelton, but i'm not sure if it's ment to).

Next I've gone into the midi and selected preset up and down, I've assigned 098 and 099 and selected preset up and down respectively. I've switched both on. I got the midi cc codes for the launchpad from the official launchpad pdf(but I've tried pressing every button too.)

midi channel is set to omni, and midi mapping mode is set to preset.

I'm I doing anything wrong? Or is the launchpad just not a compatible device? I've attached relevant images, so you can see my settings.

Also, a midi learn function like Ablrton has would be awesome. click midi, select the thing you want to control, press button on device, hey presto assigned! :) (unless I'm just missing that funtionality?)

btw s-gear is awesome, just found it the other day and purchased it today, I had been using Amplitube, which has been annoying me recently, this is head and shoulders above it! great job!

Anyway, hopefully someone can help with my wee issue, probably just me that's missing something? Thanks in advance! :)
Attachments:
  • seosamh
  • Tone Seeker
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by seosamh.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

using launchpad mini to control s-gear 5 months 2 weeks ago #15781

Hello seosamh,

It looks to me like you are configuring everything correctly. If the S-GEAR MIDI RX light flashes green then S-GEAR is receiving some MIDI.

Two things to check:
1. That the launchpad is actually sending the correct 098 and 099 MIDI CC numbers. If not, then S-GEAR will not respond.

2. The Preset Up/Down controllers require a momentary switch (i.e. one which is 'on' momentarily whilst the foot switch is depressed. If the launchpad is sending latching messages then that might not work.

Cheers,
Mike

ps. If you need fast support with something, please don't hesitate to contact me via the support email
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

using launchpad mini to control s-gear 5 months 1 week ago #15811

thanks mike, played around with it a bit more, can't get it to work, guess the mini just isn't compatible. its sending an on signal while pressed and an off signal when released. according to midiox.
  • seosamh
  • Tone Seeker
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by seosamh.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

using launchpad mini to control s-gear 5 months 5 days ago #15817

seosamh wrote:
thanks mike, played around with it a bit more, can't get it to work, guess the mini just isn't compatible. its sending an on signal while pressed and an off signal when released. according to midiox.
If you would like to send me your MIDI OX output I will take a look. If the Launchpad is sending momentary messages and you have the correct CC number configured then you should be good.

Mike
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

using launchpad mini to control s-gear 5 months 2 days ago #15835

Thanks Mike, I'll get back to you on that in a week or 2, off on holiday in the morning. But I'll send on the Midiox data when I get the chance. Regarding the cc numbers, guess that is possibly where the issue lies as I'm not 100% i am using the correct numbers, I've used the numbers from the mini pdf manual, but I guess there's a possibility they are wrong, and I can't see in midiox where it tells you the correct cc number. I've also tried various random numbers and pressing every button to no avail. Plus I've never actually used midi CC numbers before, so every possibility it's me that's reading things wrong too.

Anyway, thanks for your attention to this, it's just something I'd like, not utterly crucial, but i will get back to you.

Incidentally, I'd another idea for something that would be great addition for v3. That's a remote control android app(guess you'd need apple too), ideally that you could customise to taste. But I don't mean an s-gear dedicated tablet app, but something like a remote control, so that I could control the plugin on my PC, in ableton(guess you'd want to include other DAWs.. Fully featured that would be something I think. Anyhow, just a wee thought!

Loving s-gear more and more as I spend time with it, you've created something special here! :) Really appreciate the work!

Joe
  • seosamh
  • Tone Seeker
Last Edit: 5 months 2 days ago by seosamh.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds