TOPIC: Using a midi keyboard with s-gear.

Using a midi keyboard with s-gear. 5 days 21 hours ago #15828

I was wondering if I could use my midi keyboard to make guitar sounds with s-gear. when I press a key on my midi keyboard I don't hear any sound in my headphones. I need help.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Using a midi keyboard with s-gear. 5 days 14 hours ago #15830

Salamanca52 wrote:
I was wondering if I could use my midi keyboard to make guitar sounds with s-gear.
No.
I need help.
Yes, indeed you do. ;)
  • LtKojak
  • Tone King
Last Edit: 5 days 10 hours ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Using a midi keyboard with s-gear. 5 days 6 hours ago #15833

LtKojak wrote:
Salamanca52 wrote:
I was wondering if I could use my midi keyboard to make guitar sounds with s-gear.
No.
I need help.
Yes, indeed you do. ;)

:silly: Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk...
Last Edit: 5 days 6 hours ago by guitarno. Reason: imocon
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Using a midi keyboard with s-gear. 4 days 1 hour ago #15834

Well, maybe its not that cut and dry. You can in fact use your MIDI keyboard to with S-Gear. What you would do is connect your MIDI keyboard to a MIDI tone generator of your choice, pick a guitar instrument, then route the output of the MIDI tone generator into S-Gear. This could be done for example using an Instrument track in Logic Pro X or MainStage using EXS24 to create the guitar tones.
  • jamsden
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Using a midi keyboard with s-gear. 2 days 21 hours ago #15839

Just for kicks I tried this. In Ableton Live I loaded a "Steel String Jazz" guitar and sent it to S-Gear. Also tried a "Les Paul Bright" from Dimension Pro. Sounded just like playing a piano through guitar effects! Could be because both sounds, straight to the master, sounded like piano. I wonder who decided these voices sound like guitars? Maybe if you have a synth that actually made guitar-like sounds it would work, but if that's the sound you're after, the S-Gear effects sound great on piano!
  • rd2rk
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds