TOPIC: Gain change

Gain change 1 week 4 days ago #18535

I rarely post here because I can usually find the answer with a search, this time no such luck.
I’m using S-Gear with Reaper and I’m having a problem where, when I start the transport, some gain is taken away as if someone is turning it down slightly. When I stop the transport and adjust the gain in any direction, you can hear it readjust to where it was before. Using a Win 10 laptop, Stealer amp. Thanks in advance.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Gain change 1 week 4 days ago #18537

I haven't seen this exact behaviour before in Reaper. However it does seem to reset plugins when playing/stopping which has caused me some issues in the past.

Do you see the gain knob move at all? Is it only with the Stealer? Does it happen with a new/basic project when S-Gear is the only plugin loaded?

There are some settings in Reaper's Preferences which may be useful to check, although I haven't had a need to alter the defaults:
- Audio > Playback: Flush FX when looping (mine is unchecked)
- Plug-ins > VST (there are some in here but I haven't had any reason to change them).
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Gain change 1 week 4 days ago #18538

Actually, I can replicate this gain change with Stealer, even in S-Gear standalone on Windows.
If I use the Factory Preset 12 (Steely Ray Blues) and then reduce the gain knob (from 7.9 to 7.7), I get a boosted/higher gain tone.

EDIT: Same thing happens in S-Gear standalone on Mac.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by kierank.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Gain change 1 week 4 days ago #18539

Thanks kierank, it happens only on the Stealer for me as well. I switched to the Wayfarer last night and all was fine.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds