TOPIC: What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 8 months ago #11589

I use ARC2 with my daw. I have a few export presets made which bypass it so I never have to turn it off. Easy.
As far as S-Gear 3 I would like to see MIke keep up with the in house IR's (they're great!) and an effects loop would be cool. It would be awesome if you could insert an FXbin into S-gear and place it anywhere in the signal flow. Pre, loop or post.
  • clintmartin
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 8 months ago #11590

I have used Audyssey to tune my sound system to the room, and it does quite well. Usage with a DAW I should think would more properly be the job of the DAW itself, if one were to use it.
I was thinking more of the live performance situation, where the tuning was done based on the sound at the speaker cone itself, so at least the amp sounds correct. The room would be left to behave as rooms do when using a real amp as in a live venue
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 8 months ago #11621

New user here. Love the s-gear, bought it after comparing with amplitube, guitar rig, bias peak and about fifteen others, including some great freebies,(the first iteration of voxengo boogex, freeamp 3). Glad to see the desire for an ac30. I got decent jangle from slightly driven jackal and wayfarer, but missing the chimey harmonics of the vox. guitar rig nailed that pretty well with their AC30, amplitube, not so much.

I would also like too see a pre and post eq for custom tone tailoring, parametric plz.

After the vox, I would suggest something a little different as a challenge. Until I had back trouble and moved to a condo my amp of choice was an ampeg vt40 (the circuit is available online - 80 lbs and no master volume). Some interesting tubes and It had a baxandall circuit for the bass and treble and an amazing midrange with three different eq notches in a rocker switch to set the midrange frequency of the very active midrange dial, acting like a semi- parametric eq with a much more active response than the subtractive/interactive Marshall fender style passive tonestack. This was the seventies exile era stones amp of choice for both guitarists. the variety of tones is amazing way beyond the stones bluesy thing. Also the 4x10 open back combo cabinet was very nice.

Possibly the basis (minus the spring reverb and the mid rocker switch) of the trainwreck -- ken Fischer worked as ampeg for a while before starting his own thing. Amplitube does an ok train wreck/dr z thing but it its kind of a one trick pony. A very good trick, but not with the vt40's versatility.

Although this is not a well known amp, it is a great one and a completely different circuit from anything else so far. No one does anything close to it. Linux guitarix (a really versatile and cool amp SIM, btw) comes closest with a knockoff of the later amps but they aren't as nuanced as the vt40. Others do the ampeg reverb rockets cuz they look cool and whoever owns ampeg's brand these days reissued them but I always thought their tone was junk.

That is my request.

Loving what I got in the sgear now though.

P.S. Here is a page with three versions of the circuit. The pre1972 ones which the schematics are for are the good versions. There was a second release that messed everything up after 1972 I think.
www.drtube.com/library/schematics/58-ampeg-schemas (near the bottom)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike
experimental improv instrumental duo rreplay: soundcloud.com/rreplaymusic
all my stuff: way.net/waymusic
solo stuff: soundcloud.com/richrath
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 8 months ago #11645

I have wondered what 3 will bring on the IR front - whether the included redwirez will be replaced completely with Scuffham IRs. I would like to see some "mix" IRs from Mike like what OwnHammer has been doing, which would have the benefit of being matched exactly to the amps. These could also have some room/ ambient captures in the mix.

I also like the suggestions of the effects loop in order to add these before the power amp.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 8 months ago #11665

Just bought the program a few days ago and have been fiddling with it a lot. Really love it!

For those folks that have audio interfaces supporting multiple channels, it would be really great if we could assign those unused channels to a "tap" just prior to the Speaker simulator.

I like to feel the wind on my body from a real guitar speaker cab, driven by a clean SS amplifier for backline or for monitoring.

Would still like to route the main output with cabs to FOH, but would like to reserve the option to send one or more channels without the cabs to the backline/monitor rig.

I have been using it with a Peavey Bandit 112, directly into the power amp. (please don't laugh) Sounds kind of muddy with the IR's enabled, but sounds awesome with the IR's disabled. The reverse is true when routed to the FOH system.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 8 months ago #11673

Great idea man!
1982 Squier JV Strat, 2004 G&L ASAT Tele, IK Multimedia Stealth Pedal, Line6 FBV II, Amplitube, S-Gear, Mission Eng. Gemini 2, Logic, Superior Drummer
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 8 months ago #11680

Personally - I think S-gear has all the drive characteristics I would ever need spread among the 4 amps available. I think the next best offerings would be a re-vamp of the Mod thing to incorporate the Wayfarers tremolo circuit for use in any amp, and add a nice phase shifter. What I wish I could ask to be added is having the Wayfarer Graphic EQ available to all the amps. The never ending request for an AC-30 or other sim of any commercial amp offering would take the essential marketing in the wrong direction in my book, you can buy somebody elses' rip off of somebody elses product - seems to me that S-gear has unique offerings not available on the market in another form factor.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 8 months ago #11681

I agree with rbh. I would like to see dual amps, stacking cabs with panning. Would like see a harmonist/pitch thing. Would like see some type of synth slider pedal thing in rack form for harmonics like EHx. I love the Wayfarer and all of its options.More options added to 57/Duke/Jackal would be nice. Could add a contour of sorts to Jackal. Can we stack Proconvolver now? How about a Octaver modified for two channels or integrate into harmonist? A freeze thing w different stepping off points like delay or ring mod into it or octaves from freeze?
  • acousticglue
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 8 months ago #11684

Not sure I agree with that take on the Vox amp rbh. The Stealer is clearly Mike's unique take on a Marshall style sound. I am quite sure that he could come up with his own unique take on a Vox type sound that will be as impressive as his other models.
  • richpjr
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 8 months ago #11687

well after read a few posts ai have to agree with many things.. and just to remember some folks... that even if all the models are "exclusive" sgear format..they are inspired in classic amps ... like marshall, soldano, dumble, fender, mesa and if a minority ask for something maybe no one will notice.. but when we have a LOT of folks waitting for a "vox" to come... maybe many folks want to see that model or inspired amp...

if you can make most of your users happier why not?

if i can ask something other than the vox.. i would ask for even "better" or improved distortion or get older models such as the stealer revised .... i think there is always room for improvement ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studiostriver
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 8 months ago #11700

gabrielscruff wrote:

well after read a few posts ai have to agree with many things.. and just to remember some folks... that even if all the models are "exclusive" sgear format..they are inspired in classic amps ... like marshall, soldano, dumble, fender, mesa and if a minority ask for something maybe no one will notice.. but when we have a LOT of folks waitting for a "vox" to come... maybe many folks want to see that model or inspired amp...

if you can make most of your users happier why not?

if i can ask something other than the vox.. i would ask for even "better" or improved distortion or get older models such as the stealer revised .... i think there is always room for improvement ...

Totally agree improving older amps is always a big deal,updating Stealer if possible with new tweaks to scheme would be great.
To me personally as I said it couple of times. Vox and one modern high gain and I`m on heaven...

I bought Recabiner 4 recently,maybe some future updates will change that,but for know S-Gear is still my number one amp sim.
  • Studiostriver
  • Tone Master
None existing
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Studiostriver.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 8 months ago #11770

Sorry had to ask this after countless visit

But since quite a few people have been asking for vox type amp and/or drive thing update..

Do we know how close we are to version 3? (or whatever next version would be 2.xx?)

Has Mike hinted any indication at all?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studiostriver
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 8 months ago #11775

mingury wrote:

Sorry had to ask this after countless visit

But since quite a few people have been asking for vox type amp and/or drive thing update..

Do we know how close we are to version 3? (or whatever next version would be 2.xx?)

Has Mike hinted any indication at all?
I would like to know that too.
  • Studiostriver
  • Tone Master
None existing
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 8 months ago #11776

My impression is he's well aware of our wishes and does have a clear understanding of what should be added in future versions of S-Gear. But he will not make promises he cannot keep.
Judging from the past, there will be an update, but it will be a working one, not a half-finished version.
Be patient, people.
1982 Squier JV Strat, 2004 G&L ASAT Tele, IK Multimedia Stealth Pedal, Line6 FBV II, Amplitube, S-Gear, Mission Eng. Gemini 2, Logic, Superior Drummer
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 8 months ago #11779

jp91 wrote:

My impression is he's well aware of our wishes and does have a clear understanding of what should be added in future versions of S-Gear. But he will not make promises he cannot keep.
Judging from the past, there will be an update, but it will be a working one, not a half-finished version.
Be patient, people.

+1
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 8 months ago #11787

Especially for the high gain amp -- I've never built an amp, but judging from schematics, high gain amps are much more complex than something like a Fender or Vox.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 7 months ago #11857

Very simple upgrade here: I'd like to see a "digital" delay. Something with no degrading signal on the repeats. A very non-vintage delay! Should be easy enough. Also some Echoplex tape style modulation.

Thanks!
  • Robert Smallwood
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 7 months ago #11859

Robert Smallwood wrote:

Very simple upgrade here: I'd like to see a "digital" delay. Something with no degrading signal on the repeats.
So, in your opinion, the "Delay Thing", DEGRADES the signal on the repeats? :??:

I'm going to make some popcorn. This it'll be fun to watch. :gripped:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 7 months ago #11860

LtKojak wrote:

Robert Smallwood wrote:

Very simple upgrade here: I'd like to see a "digital" delay. Something with no degrading signal on the repeats.
So, in your opinion, the "Delay Thing", DEGRADES the signal on the repeats? :??:

I'm going to make some popcorn. This it'll be fun to watch. :gripped:

Im not Robert lawyer but the meaning of "degrading signal" is due to the delay thing being modeled "or inspired" on an old ANALOG delay...

these units have a "tone" itself... and if some folks enjoy the versatilty to have a "cleaner" option so called DIGITAL..

after all these are just words... degrading signal is not a bad thing... but if i want a cleaner.. not soo "dark" tone a digital delay will do the work a lot better...
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by gabrielscruff.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 3 years 7 months ago #11861

It's in the manual that “Analog” mode models the old bucket brigade chips that reduced the highs with each repeat, and the “Tube” mode compresses and generates harmonics. The Tone knob has a max pass through of 10kHz, but I think an unprocessed “Digital” mode would suffice. 10kHz is well above the range of most guitar speakers, and should be adequate for acoustic guitar delay signal “sheen”, so the Tone knob needn't be altered.
  • GCKelloch
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds