TOPIC: What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 months 2 days ago #16504

A 5150 / 6505 model (or a steroid-ed Jackal preset).

A grittier Tweed preset (or a Lazy J model).

A PRS Archon model would be nice.
The Archon is the only model I like on the Helix native.

Stomp-box models would also be handy.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 2 months 1 day ago #16521

Probably mentioned, but at the moment the most missing feature for me is an automatic sample rate conversion for external IR's. And I hope it can be added before version 3.

The second is global input gain correction with higher than current +6db (+12 or +18db would be nice). Global - to avoid correcting current presets, some of which are already at +6 db, but for my pickups/interface is not enough in a standalone version.

@Mike, any comments on sample rate conversion for IRs?
  • ViTAR
  • Tone Master
  • S-Gear owner
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
The following user(s) said Thank You: Altamir

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 1 month 4 weeks ago #16572

ViTAR wrote:
Probably mentioned, but at the moment the most missing feature for me is an automatic sample rate conversion for external IR's. And I hope it can be added before version 3.

The second is global input gain correction with higher than current +6db (+12 or +18db would be nice). Global - to avoid correcting current presets, some of which are already at +6 db, but for my pickups/interface is not enough in a standalone version.

@Mike, any comments on sample rate conversion for IRs?

+1 To that. My main guitar has very hot pickups and can get a great lead tone out of the Stealer with the input gain dimed, but I wouldn't be able to reproduce it with lower output pickups.

About the SR conversion, the whole impulse loading procedure needs a complete overhaul, IMHO. It's extremely convoluted (pun intended).
  • Altamir
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 1 month 3 weeks ago #16582

I agree with a lot of member that more stomp-boxes would be nice; in particular some fuzz-type effects.

An Orange-style amp would also be cool.

But my biggest wish would be a dedicated Bass Amplifier!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 1 month 3 weeks ago #16583

Wow - this thread is now over 2 years old!
  • richpjr
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 1 month 2 weeks ago #16690

So I just got the trial today after going on a Amp sim binge... I've used Guitar Rig since 1.0, amplitube, Bias (which is garbage) and finally used Helix native today. S-gear killed all of them in terms of "real amp" sounds. I will 100% be purchasing.

I know I'm new but my input is this.......

I've always loved GR simple drag and drop chain and Helix does a great job of that too. I would say good-bye to the "real" looking amps, I get that that's how they all were for years but I think the art direction Line 6 has taken is the right way. Show what the amp is but just have simplified sliders/dials/knobs for each parameter. Obviously you can't copy exactly what Line 6 has done but yeah..

Also I'd put integrated support in the app for Midi devices like the NI Rig Kontrol.. Lots of us have them, Its general MiDi and NI have dropped the ball so why not take as many as their customer as you can. :)

However after a few hours of play I'm floored.. My Klon clone works sooooo well with the amps too so I'm happy :good job: :rock out:
  • Sean_2e
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 1 month 2 weeks ago #16696

I discovered the very same thing this summer. Rock on!
  • swaite
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 1 month 2 weeks ago #16708

Sean_2e wrote:
I've always loved GR simple drag and drop chain and Helix does a great job of that too. I would say good-bye to the "real" looking amps, I get that that's how they all were for years but I think the art direction Line 6 has taken is the right way. Show what the amp is but just have simplified sliders/dials/knobs for each parameter. happy

This. I haven't used GR but completely agree with the move away from real looking amps. A lot of plugins have been this way – Valhalla comes to mind — for years.

I'd love to see a clean interface based on this and have tossed around the idea of creating a mockup for S-Gear. I've designed several applications, web apps and UIs and I think S-Gear would be a fun challenge.
  • ryentzer
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 1 month 2 weeks ago #16709

I am pretty happy with the way S Gear GUI is designed for what it offers right now. You see your settings at a glance. If you want to go deeper to edit the effect parts you can do it.

The only thing I would add is the possibility to right- click a button on the amp or effects and input the value I want.

I am sure Mike took note off all the comments in this section and will come with something as easy to use as usual.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 1 month 2 weeks ago #16718

Release the Kraken.
:gripped: :woohoo:
  • rose703
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 1 month 1 week ago #16837

rose703 wrote:
Release the Kraken.
:gripped: :woohoo:

Actually, "The Kraken" is a pretty darn good name for a metal amp! :rock out:
  • Altamir
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 1 month 4 days ago #16884

A Vox "family" amp setup similar to the stealer and wayfarer. What i mean is a basic Vox circuit that can be modified by changing various parameters to sound like anything from a vintage AC-30 to a matchless to a badcat to a trainwreck london.

A bass amp.

I see a ton of request for pedals which I will never have any use for. Unless you're using s-gear in standalone mode for live performance there is absolutely no need for added pedal sims. I run S-gear as a plugin in Reaper for recording or practice. If I want an overdrive, or a compressor or any other effect I can insert it before or after S-gear as I please. I see so many requests for a Tube screamer... jeez there are several really high quality FREE vst Tube screamer pedals available.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What would you like to see in S-gear 3.0 1 month 4 days ago #16885

fr8_trane wrote:
A Vox "family" amp setup similar to the stealer and wayfarer. What i mean is a basic Vox circuit that can be modified by changing various parameters to sound like anything from a vintage AC-30 to a matchless to a badcat to a trainwreck london.
I think we'll get something similar to that description... I hope! I felt pretty bad when I had to use Amplitube 4 to cut an "early Beatles-like" tune with it, although the final track's outcome wasn't half bad, really.

fr8_trane wrote:
A bass amp
I don't think this is really high priority... and really not necessary. Going stright to desk or audio device is plenty to lay bass lines, using the instrument's own active circuits to shape the tone.

fr8_trane wrote:
Unless you're using s-gear in standalone mode for live performance
Exactly that's why Mike should comply with the requests of BOTH an OD and a compressor/clean boost... that's exactly how I've been using it.since May 2011. ;)
  • LtKojak
  • Tone King
Last Edit: 1 month 4 days ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

How about an Effects Loop? 1 week 2 days ago #17151

S-Gear is so far above the rest its hard to think of something that would make it any better, But...

I often run various 3rd party effect plugins and they always seem to negatively alter the original tone of S-Gear. I have tried them in the Insert chain as well as creating Channel Sends in my DAW. This is similar to the old days of (Big Loud Tube Amps with Lots of Speakers...Arrrrg! :feeling it: ) I always used the Send & Return on my Boogies with a couple G-Force rackmount effect units which were superior to Stomp Boxes on the front end, especially with delays. I think that might also be applicable to the new age of computer music.

I did not see anything specifically on this subject but if it has already been mentioned then count me in for a "Ditto".
On the other hand, the effects that come with S-Gear are already very high quality but I am suffering from "Pluginitus" and cannot control myself. :frustrated:
  • mikmock
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

How about an Effects Loop? 1 week 1 day ago #17156

You could always use two instances of S-Gear:
- one for the amp only (plus any FX)
- another for speaker IR only (plus any FX)

and use your 3rd party plugins in between.
Would that be easier?
  • jbraner
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

How about an Effects Loop? 20 hours 24 minutes ago #17235

Ya that's how i'm doing it now & it does work really well but i was thinking about the 2 instance's of s-gear open on a single track. i haven't had any problems so far but it might create some cpu/latency problems if the daw was loaded down. i just thought it would be a really cool feature but might also be a PITA to implement.
thanks for you suggestion, much appreciated.
  • mikmock
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds