TOPIC: At first: Gui

At first: Gui 6 months 18 hours ago #18290

At first I did not like the interface of S-Gear. I thought it was too simple. But I've come to realize that it is much better that way. I have come to live the design. Would I like some things changed. Sure. I'd like it to be scaleable. And that's about it. I suggested cabinets and all this extra who ha. When I realized this week that I think sgear is pretty brilliantly designed. sometimes we look at software such as UAD and Bias FX and get drawn in because of the Gui. But I've realized it's Overkill. S-Gear has a nice Gui, so sorry if I suggested otherwise in previous posts. It's on point!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

At first: Gui 6 months 16 hours ago #18291

The problem the the current S-Gear GUI is not functionality, quality, or ease of use - all important aspects of good UI design. Rather the problem is functional scalability. Modern guitar rigs require a significant number of effects and flexible signal routing. S-Gear’s current UI just cannot scale to support this. BIAS FX has done a good job with a scalable, easy to use, functional, and visually pleasing interface. Unfortunately the amp and effects models appear to be somewhat lacking. Helix Native also has a pretty nice interface. Here’s hoping S-Gear can combine the quality of the tones with the effect and routing flexibility needed to use them effectively in a performance situation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: swaite, Dallon426
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

At first: Gui 6 months 10 hours ago #18292

jamsden wrote:

the problem is functional scalability. I hope S-Gear can combine the quality of the tones with the effect and routing flexibility needed to use them effectively in a performance situation.
This. My thoughts exactly. I know you can't rush genius, however, as my needs as a player grew, S-Gear holdt still, to the point that I've been forced to use the free version of Amplitube 4 just because it offers all the effects I need, not present in S-Gear, and the MarkIII model, with the EV cab is not even half bad, some tweaking required, though. Because of that, I'll skip v. 2.9, as I know it won't be covering my basic needs, so I'll wait to the release of v. 3.0 to see if the price of admission will be worth my while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ryentzer, Dallon426
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

At first: Gui 6 months 4 hours ago #18294

I agree with both of these. But LTKojak why not just use something like patchwork or Axiom and use S-gear within? I have been using Blue Cat Pathcwork with Kuasa in front of S-gear and I am enjoying it a lot!
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

At first: Gui 6 months 3 hours ago #18295

Why should I?

The **free** version of Amplitube 4, in its standalone mode, simply provides with everything I need (minus the incredible tone S-Gear is capable of, mind you), including an easy-to-use MIDI interface to connect my FCB-1010 at **zero** cost for me? I can get all the tones I need (even though I must say that I hate AT's reverb algorithms with a passion) just by tweaking it a little bit. Only **I** know I'm not using S-Gear; not even a whisper from the project leaders I work with about "my sound".

All this is for performing live, of course. In the studio I only use S-Gear and a few selected plug-ins.
Last edit: 6 months 3 hours ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

At first: Gui 5 months 4 weeks ago #18297

Ahhh, live I wouldn't touch digital anyway. That's a whole other can of worms. I only use quilter amps live. Couple pedals and that's all I need. I thought you meant in the studio.
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

At first: Gui 5 months 4 weeks ago #18298

Dallon426 wrote:

Ahhh, live I wouldn't touch digital anyway.
Since May 2011, date when I got S-Gear, my live rig's been a Win laptop, an USB audio card w/MIDI, a FCB-1010 footcontroller, a couple of Behringer B210As to hear myself on stage and S-Gear in standalone mode, I've made over 1,400 performances, counting paying gigs, reherasals, spontaneous jams and studio dates, with not a single issue, ever.
Last edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds