TOPIC: At first: Gui

At first: Gui 1 week 5 days ago #18290

At first I did not like the interface of S-Gear. I thought it was too simple. But I've come to realize that it is much better that way. I have come to live the design. Would I like some things changed. Sure. I'd like it to be scaleable. And that's about it. I suggested cabinets and all this extra who ha. When I realized this week that I think sgear is pretty brilliantly designed. sometimes we look at software such as UAD and Bias FX and get drawn in because of the Gui. But I've realized it's Overkill. S-Gear has a nice Gui, so sorry if I suggested otherwise in previous posts. It's on point!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike

At first: Gui 1 week 5 days ago #18291

The problem the the current S-Gear GUI is not functionality, quality, or ease of use - all important aspects of good UI design. Rather the problem is functional scalability. Modern guitar rigs require a significant number of effects and flexible signal routing. S-Gear’s current UI just cannot scale to support this. BIAS FX has done a good job with a scalable, easy to use, functional, and visually pleasing interface. Unfortunately the amp and effects models appear to be somewhat lacking. Helix Native also has a pretty nice interface. Here’s hoping S-Gear can combine the quality of the tones with the effect and routing flexibility needed to use them effectively in a performance situation.
  • jamsden
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
The following user(s) said Thank You: swaite, Dallon426

At first: Gui 1 week 4 days ago #18292

jamsden wrote:
the problem is functional scalability. I hope S-Gear can combine the quality of the tones with the effect and routing flexibility needed to use them effectively in a performance situation.
This. My thoughts exactly. I know you can't rush genius, however, as my needs as a player grew, S-Gear holdt still, to the point that I've been forced to use the free version of Amplitube 4 just because it offers all the effects I need, not present in S-Gear, and the MarkIII model, with the EV cab is not even half bad, some tweaking required, though. Because of that, I'll skip v. 2.9, as I know it won't be covering my basic needs, so I'll wait to the release of v. 3.0 to see if the price of admission will be worth my while.
  • LtKojak
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dallon426

At first: Gui 1 week 4 days ago #18294

I agree with both of these. But LTKojak why not just use something like patchwork or Axiom and use S-gear within? I have been using Blue Cat Pathcwork with Kuasa in front of S-gear and I am enjoying it a lot!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

At first: Gui 1 week 4 days ago #18295

Why should I?

The **free** version of Amplitube 4, in its standalone mode, simply provides with everything I need (minus the incredible tone S-Gear is capable of, mind you), including an easy-to-use MIDI interface to connect my FCB-1010 at **zero** cost for me? I can get all the tones I need (even though I must say that I hate AT's reverb algorithms with a passion) just by tweaking it a little bit. Only **I** know I'm not using S-Gear; not even a whisper from the project leaders I work with about "my sound".

All this is for performing live, of course. In the studio I only use S-Gear and a few selected plug-ins.
  • LtKojak
  • Tone King
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

At first: Gui 1 week 3 days ago #18297

Ahhh, live I wouldn't touch digital anyway. That's a whole other can of worms. I only use quilter amps live. Couple pedals and that's all I need. I thought you meant in the studio.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

At first: Gui 1 week 3 days ago #18298

Dallon426 wrote:
Ahhh, live I wouldn't touch digital anyway.
Since May 2011, date when I got S-Gear, my live rig's been a Win laptop, an USB audio card w/MIDI, a FCB-1010 footcontroller, a couple of Behringer B210As to hear myself on stage and S-Gear in standalone mode, I've made over 1,400 performances, counting paying gigs, reherasals, spontaneous jams and studio dates, with not a single issue, ever.
  • LtKojak
  • Tone King
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds