TOPIC: Punk Rock Rhythms

Punk Rock Rhythms 8 months 3 weeks ago #17749

Hi all

Just looking for some sweet Punk Rock Rhythm presets?

If you have some please send them my way I’d love to hear the mix of ideas. :cheer:
  • That Brad guy
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Punk Rock Rhythms 8 months 6 days ago #17862

Me to, some blink 182 stuff. I think the Wayfarer is the way to go. :rock out:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Punk Rock Rhythms 6 months 1 week ago #18154

I know its a simple and many may think silly topic but i hear so many different tones and settings it be cool to play with a few different ones. Hope some dudes get on this. :feeling it: :thumbs up:
  • That Brad guy
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Punk Rock Rhythms 6 months 1 week ago #18155

I don't believe there are so many S-Gear users that are into punk, I'm afraid... I'd say start with the F60 preset "Gritty Rhythm" as a base and tweak it to taste.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Punk Rock Rhythms 6 months 6 days ago #18157

Punk has got so many beautiful Flavours-
Ramones / Clash/ Dead Kennedys/ Sex Pistols / old american Hardcore: Minor Threat / Misfits / etc.
the new Punk sounds as Blink182 / Fugazi . The Metalcrossover ones... like Prong ( on the Primitive Origins LP)

i guess theres nothing like a "Punk Sound" just get a pretty Raw sound and go for it.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Punk Rock Rhythms 6 months 6 days ago #18163

Actually, guitarist Brad Craig who produced many excellent demo tracks for S-GEAR (see the amp pages on this site) launched his guitar playing career in the punk band Nasty Facts.

I think Brad was 16 when this was released in 1981 - pretty cool eh? How many of us wish we were in a chart topping rebel band at 16.
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Punk Rock Rhythms 6 months 4 days ago #18169

Thanks Mike! I was 15 when it was released,14 when we recorded it (but who's counting)? :)
The amp was a Fender Twin, for no reason other than that was what was in the studio!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Punk Rock Rhythms 6 months 4 days ago #18176

I cut my teeth in punk bands in the late seventies (Rochester NY Bowery boys) and Daytona FL in the (aptly named ) Mess. Here is one of our songs from the mess about 1982 , suburban dogs . guitar is run through a cheapo fuzz box. I made a nice crunchy rhythm (A) and lead (B ) setting here that might work for you. The reference is a sixties band, but sixties garage rock and punk have a lot in common tone-wise, no? Plays nice with single coils., like a dog-ear SG or Jr. .
experimental improv instrumental duo rreplay: soundcloud.com/rreplaymusic
all my stuff: way.net/waymusic
solo stuff: soundcloud.com/richrath
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds