TOPIC: Does anyone use SGear with an acoustic guitar?

Does anyone use SGear with an acoustic guitar? 7 months 2 weeks ago #18893

If so, any amp/preset to share?
Thanks
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Does anyone use SGear with an acoustic guitar? 1 month 3 days ago #19771

One of the main reasons I got s-gear is that I needed a solution for both acoustic and electric. Same rig, different guitars. keeps life simple.

I purhased the 3 Sigma Audio Martin P45 IR and like the way it allows the amplified acoustic to not sound like its coming straight through a DI.

I mainly use the Wayfarer based clean tones and dialed in the sounds that sounded "acoustic" to my ears.
Humbuckr
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Does anyone use SGear with an acoustic guitar? 1 month 3 days ago #19772

Hello,
Any "clean" presets should be appropriate.

I think that it is important to understand that the actual software does not really care what is generating the original signal. So, you could use a keyboard, a bass, a violin or even vocals.

Understanding this point then, you would then have to select/create those presets appropriate for the device being used.

I hope that this all makes sense?
The following user(s) said Thank You: dechaiz
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 1 month 3 days ago by mr-es335.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Does anyone use SGear with an acoustic guitar? 1 month 10 hours ago #19787

It makes sense to have a single gear. I was mainly concern with the guitar side all other being equal and results achieved.
Thank you for sharing your experience.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Does anyone use SGear with an acoustic guitar? 4 weeks 1 day ago #19788

I've used S-Gear a few times with an acoustic. Perhaps not coincidentally (because it sounds great), I used the Wayfarer with very little gain. On a couple of occasions I peppered in a whole slew of gain and the result was wickedly cool, but that was for a piece of music which needed such an aggressive sound. For typical acoustic passages, the clean stuff does the trick for that extra bit of girth and character.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Does anyone use SGear with an acoustic guitar? 4 weeks 1 day ago #19792

dechaiz,
I have put together a small bank of six acoustic presets. See attached.

Please understand that I am using a Taylor 414ce-r with their proprietary pickup system. I also perform using "alternative nails" - made from gel. As a result, if you are a non-nail player and use a difference pickup system - this will have an overall effect on the actual output.

What this process did for me personally however, was to reassure me that using any type of a sim or modeler is really NOT the way to go for acoustic usage. Connecting the guitar to a dry input channel on a mixer, adding a good reverb plugin - such as ValhallaRoom, configuring the EQ and output levels, will assure you of getting the best acoustic output as is possible.

And this, to me anyhow, is precisely the point - acoustic, so not an electric guitar. It just may be that I am a purist and would prefer to hear the sound of an acoustic guitar - just amplified.
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by mike.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Does anyone use SGear with an acoustic guitar? 3 weeks 12 hours ago #19816

My apologies for the late response.
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a great input.
I am a novice but appreciate and agree with your thoughts.
Thanks a lot!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Does anyone use SGear with an acoustic guitar? 3 weeks 11 hours ago #19817

Hi,
I am not sure why but when I try to import it, I get the message it is not an sfx file?
Maybe it does no like to have a bunch as a single file?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Does anyone use SGear with an acoustic guitar? 3 weeks 6 hours ago #19820

dechaiz
Use the import bank option.
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Does anyone use SGear with an acoustic guitar? 2 weeks 3 days ago #19828

I am not sure how to accomplish it. I get same message - it is not an sfx file.:( :( :( :(

Sorry - I appreciate your effort.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Does anyone use SGear with an acoustic guitar? 2 weeks 3 days ago #19829

Here are the individual preset files posted by mr-es335. You can import by simply dragging and dropping to the S-GEAR preset list.

The reason you see the error with the acoustic.sfx is because this is a v2.7 'set' file that will import a complete set of presets. You can do this from the S-GEAR CONFIG screen but be aware that it will overwrite your existing presets with the new ones. Make sure you have already saved a set with your important presets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dechaiz
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds