TOPIC: Jeff Beck - Cause We Ended As Lovers (Youtube)

Jeff Beck - Cause We Ended As Lovers (Youtube) 1 week 2 days ago #15813

Blow By Blow and Wired by Jeff Beck are one of those records that hit me like a ton of bricks when I heard them for the first time. I don't usually practice solos note by note but this one had too many killer licks and I just couldn't leave anything out. :) I also added the preset as an attachment.

Attachments:
  • Juri
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike, fatherjacques, Chan, ges, asintoras, Psace, theminion

Jeff Beck - Cause We Ended As Lovers (Youtube) 1 week 17 hours ago #15818

Nicely played Juri :thumbs up:
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juri

Jeff Beck - Cause We Ended As Lovers (Youtube) 1 week 10 hours ago #15819

Thanks for including the preset!
  • ges
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Jeff Beck - Cause We Ended As Lovers (Youtube) 1 week 10 hours ago #15820

Tried out the preset, but it sounds very different than your recording. Not as much bite or sustain. Were you using any pedals in front of S-Gear? I'm playing it on my Les Paul.
  • ges
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Jeff Beck - Cause We Ended As Lovers (Youtube) 1 week 9 hours ago #15822

...me too!!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Jeff Beck - Cause We Ended As Lovers (Youtube) 1 week 7 hours ago #15824

Good rendition, well done. :thumbs up:
  • GB99
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Jeff Beck - Cause We Ended As Lovers (Youtube) 2 days 20 hours ago #15840

ges wrote:
Tried out the preset, but it sounds very different than your recording. Not as much bite or sustain. Were you using any pedals in front of S-Gear? I'm playing it on my Les Paul.

Actually I dublicated the guitar track in the mixing stage and used the same preset but with room mic impulse responses to add some depth. This room mic track was blended with the original track but it's pretty low in the mix.
I also used some additional eq, compression and reverb on both guitar tracks. I did some automation to gain settings (a bit more gain on the solo section) and to reverb mix settings. There's a slight increase on wet reverb amount in the beginning and in the end. I wanted those parts to blend in more. I used Native Instruments RC48 reverb.
So, the preset is just the starting point and I should have mentioned that in the earlier post. But I think you can get pretty close with just some added reverb and maybe taking the gain up a bit. Getting the right eq-settings on the amp really depends on the pickups.

Anyway, thanks a lot people for the kind comments. I appreciate it a lot!
  • Juri
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds