TOPIC: Two Notes Joey Landreth IRs

Two Notes Joey Landreth IRs 1 week 2 days ago #17400

Has anybody out there used Joey’s IR’s with S-GEAR yet? See link:

store.two-notes.com/index.php?id_product...er=product&id_lang=2

I’m interested in any feedback. I’m assuming the IR’s are compatible with S-GEAR but not sure. Joey has been working closely with the Two Notes guys and has spent some time in Nashville at Blackbird Studios (see link below):

Thanks!
  • swaite
  • Tone Master
Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by swaite.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Two Notes Joey Landreth IRs 1 week 2 days ago #17401

These aren't "normal" IRs. These are for use with Torpedo Wall of Sound.
You can't use these with S-Gear ;-)

Basically, I guess they are IRs, bu tthey're all set up in a format so you can just move the mics around instead of loading individual IRs (like the newer S-Gear speakers)
  • jbraner
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Two Notes Joey Landreth IRs 1 week 2 days ago #17402

I use WoS sometimes. It is not the most reliable IR loader.

I use MixIR from RedWirez when I go outside S-Gear for cabinet tweak-ery. This also is assuming that you use a DAW application to load S-Gear into as a plug-in. MixIR is a plugin, not stand alone. You would have to disable Cabs in S-Gear, load up some impedance curves. RedWirez also supplies eq curves as files in the BigBox package.

So if you take a RedWirez approach download some of their presets. You can see how other people do it by looking at their presets. Presets are offered as file download within a RedWirez account. After that I'd suggest you setup several presets of your own. When you want to quickly tweak a basic tone you just drag and drop the MixIR preset into the MixIR GUI. I'm glossing over a lot of steps here but I think if you read the manual you can figure it out. If you have FaceTime I'd be able to walk you through this stuff quickly.
:rock out:
  • rose703
  • Tone Master
Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by rose703.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
The following user(s) said Thank You: swaite

Two Notes Joey Landreth IRs 1 week 2 days ago #17404

rose703 - your comment was very helpful! thank you! It is in line with this message received from Technical Support at Two Notes this morning:

"You can use our Virtual Cabinets (such as this Joey Landreth pack) with our Wall of Sound plugin software, which comes free with it :

www.two-notes.com/en/wall-of-sound

They are not compatible with other softwares, but you just have to bypass the speaker simulation section of S-Gear, and use Wall of Sound (placed after S-Gear)."

Cordialement/Sincerely,
Bruno
Two notes Audio Engineering
  • swaite
  • Tone Master
Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by swaite.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Two Notes Joey Landreth IRs 1 week 1 day ago #17405

If you're interested in WOS - you should try it. It's very good, and easy to use. It's free to try out and they give you two cabs to play with.
If you like it, you only have to buy one more speaker cab (€8) and you'll have the "full" version.
The Joey Landreth set is 5 different cabs.
The good thing is - you don't have to mess about with IRs - they're all included in the one WOS file that you install. You just pick your mic(s) and slide them around for the best sound (and save these as presets).
  • jbraner
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
The following user(s) said Thank You: swaite
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds