TOPIC: Another tune...

Another tune... 3 months 1 week ago #18125

Hi All,

Music is a strange and wonderful thing. I started the evening trying to make a demo video for my friend Chris (using one of his great backing tracks) and after a few video problems I was close to just packing the whole thing in.

I decided in the end to just go for an audio only take and suddenly remembered that this month is the eighth anniversary of the passing of someone very special to me. I think I got the call to just play something at that point.

I gave myself one take each on two separate guitar tracks and this is the result, mistakes and all. I hope you like it.

https://soundcloud.com/pete-sklaroff/some-things-matter-more

The photo btw is of Dunstaffnage Castle in Scotland..it has very special memories for me.

Thanks for listening,

Pete
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike, NightWalker, Breg

Another tune... 3 months 1 week ago #18126

Really good. A lot of emotions. I love it and would love to play over this backing track myself. I would not be as good but this track is very inspiring for me. :good job: :rock out:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
The following user(s) said Thank You: psklaroff

Another tune... 3 months 1 week ago #18127

That's some classy guitar playing Pete, well done :thumbs up:
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Another tune... 3 months 1 week ago #18128

Beautiful! Good dynamics and use of vibrato... It reminds me that I need to explore more this very expressive tool, as you and Jeff Beck do.
Enjoyed listening to it...
My instrumental EP: doctor7.bandcamp.com/album/political-rollercoaster
My other EP with songs: doctor7.bandcamp.com/album/three-ways-of-telling-a-story
I am an artist endorsed by Kinman pickups.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Another tune... 3 months 1 week ago #18129

fatherjacques wrote:
Really good. A lot of emotions. I love it and would love to play over this backing track myself. I would not be as good but this track is very inspiring for me. :good job: :rock out:

Thank you so much and I'd love to hear your playing on this. If you want a copy of the backing track please just let me know too :-)

Really appreciate your very kind words :-)

Cheers

Pete
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Another tune... 3 months 1 week ago #18130

mike wrote:
That's some classy guitar playing Pete, well done :thumbs up:

Thanks so much Mike..couldn't have done it without your incredible software sir. :-)

Cheers

Pete
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Another tune... 3 months 1 week ago #18131

asintoras wrote:
Beautiful! Good dynamics and use of vibrato... It reminds me that I need to explore more this very expressive tool, as you and Jeff Beck do.
Enjoyed listening to it...

Thank you so much for your very kind words sir :-)

All the best,

Pete :-)
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.487 seconds