TOPIC: S gear with Nebula

S gear with Nebula 4 years 9 months ago #8735

Aristoteles

did you hear the full track? because the two tracks hare played 2 times... the first part is with sgear stock cab... and the second part of the same track is with nebula...

tks for listen
  • gabrielscruff
  • gabrielscruff's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Master
  • Posts: 497
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 9 months ago #8738

yes, first one sounded much better.
  • Aristoteles D
  • Aristoteles D's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Master
  • Posts: 86
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 9 months ago #8741

:rock out:

well then im not the only one who think that sounds cool!! Nebula and sgear is great... i really wish some

people improve the programs regarding amps...because it really shows the true color of the amp

sim....more nebula programs wouldnt hurt!

the tendency to this technology is to evolve..and i really hope soo.... because after all we just wonna have fun!!

nice mate!!! tks for listen!!!
  • gabrielscruff
  • gabrielscruff's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Master
  • Posts: 497
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 7 months ago #9217

soo im on xmas mood.. and decide to share some clips... you guys can hear the little taste that nebula adds to sgear...

in all tracks ive used rosen irs... the britsh custom one... and nebula as reverb...small amount...

and as delay... very short amount... almost just the saturation....

the reason of that is to show how you can add a little more "organic and sort of analog warmth " to your tracks... hope oyu guys can hear the diference... the tracks without nebula are a little bit lower in volume..but thats not to praise nebula ... just to show what nebula adds... if you have a "dry" sound and want to add some extra stuff... peace!!!

soundcloud.com/gabriel-scruff/sets/sgear...a-reverbs-and-delays


merry xmas people!!
  • gabrielscruff
  • gabrielscruff's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Master
  • Posts: 497
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 7 months ago #9307

who is waitting for a vox amp into sgear??

well until then.... im using this Henry Olonga library... sounds very vox to my ears...

soundcloud.com/gabriel-scruff/sets/nebula-henry-olonga-vox
  • gabrielscruff
  • gabrielscruff's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Master
  • Posts: 497
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 7 months ago #9308

hello gabrielscruff. I've been listening to the sound of your guitar with nebula and are spectacular. I while I am using different vst manufacturers, until I found that s-gear with 15 days demo I've had enough to confirm the great sound. I also use nebula to the cab, for poweramp and eq but not with the great results that you take the sound guitar. not if it would be possible when we facilitate owns sounds presets used to try to play their sounds. would be easier if rise channel presets your DAW, just have to have the same DAW. To me it would be very useful for me to know how you work and get these great sounds. Thank you very much for sharing their guitars and if I did more detail would be helpful. many thanks.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 7 months ago #9408

Hey Jordi !! Happy new year mate!!!

Sorry i was off this topic a little... tks for the words mate!"! For me it means a lot!!! I just love to share and to give people some "help" or at least talk about using sgear with other tools in a creative and better way...

by the way wich nebula cabs you use the most?? i can help ! no problem! tell me what cabs you use and i'll give some help with my usage... and check this new sound clip ...

sgear at is best!!!

soundcloud.com/gabriel-scruff/move-song-using-sgear-nebula
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike
  • gabrielscruff
  • gabrielscruff's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Master
  • Posts: 497
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #9433

some sweet sounds just to relax!

mfi.re/listen/fgmgmofm4o2i8f2/VX_.mp3
  • gabrielscruff
  • gabrielscruff's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Master
  • Posts: 497
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #9441

Hi All,

I took the plunge and started some experiments with S Gear and Nebula...this is using both with the Rosen cab IRs..


https://soundcloud.com/pete-sklaroff/la-sunset-nebula-3-and-rosens

I'm impressed so far with the combination ... :-)

Thanks

Pete
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studiostriver
  • psklaroff
  • psklaroff's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Master
  • Posts: 252
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #9442

Great playing, Pete, as always. However I think I have a slight preference for the tones you were getting before. These things are so subjective but that was my initial reaction to the tones themselves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: psklaroff
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #9443

psklaroff wrote:

Hi All,

I took the plunge and started some experiments with S Gear and Nebula...this is using both with the Rosen cab IRs..


https://soundcloud.com/pete-sklaroff/la-sunset-nebula-3-and-rosens

I'm impressed so far with the combination ... :-)

Thanks




Pete




Hey Pete!!! Nice to see someone using nebula with sgear!!! thats my main point with this topic.. just to "share" creative ways to use software....

if we have options why dont experiment ?
by the way what is good or bad? this is subjective, because a sound it is what it is! if you say.. "guys check this sounds i create using this or that"... people tend to judge based on what you use to create their "opinion" ... but if you are using and getting great tones... use what you need to use for that!

im the one who really hope that people experiment with new possibilities not only nebula but many other tools...creativity + innovation = new sounds

because there is nothing "one do it all" IMO... you can combine things to get the result you are after...

and nebula can help a lot in conjunction with other tools.... nice to see the great tones youre getting bro!! keep it up!

peace
The following user(s) said Thank You: psklaroff
  • gabrielscruff
  • gabrielscruff's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Master
  • Posts: 497
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #9446

psklaroff wrote:

...I'm impressed so far with the combination ... :-)

Thanks

Pete
You are such a versatile guitarist.

Sounds great.
The following user(s) said Thank You: psklaroff
  • o0Ampy0o
  • o0Ampy0o's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Master
  • Posts: 111
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #9447

Agreed. The forum is a great way to extend the capabilities of S-Gear beyond what's in the manual, whether through advice for tweaking the existing options of S-Gear or by expanding outward. I've posted quite a lot about options for tweaking the signal path prior to reaching the computer, and I've picked up some tips along the way from others here. And, of course, there's much that can be done "in-the-mix" after the basic tone is recorded and it's wise to arm ourselves with all that knowledge if we want the best from S-Gear.

I also think there's something to be said for the appeal of "newness." We get familiar with common amps, so anything which changes them can be exciting. Happens all the time. But I've found that the basic amps are popular and iconic because they're so incredibly solid on their own. You can alter them, and a lot of amazing tones have been forged in that way, but S-Gear realizes the importance of the stalwart amps and it focuses on creating the strongest ground-level tones. And, with that, it's brilliant. Nothing else sounds as good. And adding building blocks on top of that can be fun, but I very often find that those alterations wear off - sometimes rather quickly - and I'm back at the basics again.

So, while I think Pete's latest is interesting and slightly different than previous samples, I have a preference for the prior examples, maybe because they sound more like the tones I have in my head. The fact that they're sourced from software and not real amps disappears quickly because they sound legit and so it's all about the music. With this one I found myself paying attention to the tones (something was a bit too synthetic) and the music became secondary. Minor differences but ours ears are very good at detecting the minutia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: psklaroff
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #9448

elambo wrote:

Agreed. The forum is a great way to extend the capabilities of S-Gear beyond what's in the manual,l

thats the beauty of it! ... change until it sounds good ... or dont change at all...

if sounds good.. well... the same old history... it is good!

i like to do some changes and most of the time is just what my song was asking for... a little change...

great time to be a guitarrist ... if you have open mind for the technology...

who would believe that we can have guitar sounds only dealing with a computer and soundcard? ...

nice and on the budget...

peace! :gripped:
  • gabrielscruff
  • gabrielscruff's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Master
  • Posts: 497
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #9451

Hi Elambo,

Thanks so much for checking out the clip and your kind words. I actually have a lot of agreement with you about the tones as I'm very much a 'newbie' with all this digital stuff. The Nebula software is great but it sure takes some time to get everything worked out in terms of gain-staging etc. and the risk with all that is that you end up spending hours reading forums and manuals rather than just playing!..lol

Still, it's great fun and some of the results have been quite satisfying but I suspect I still have a huge learning curve to go with all this... :-)

Cheers

Pete
  • psklaroff
  • psklaroff's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Master
  • Posts: 252
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #9453

gabrielscruff wrote:

psklaroff wrote:

Hi All,

I took the plunge and started some experiments with S Gear and Nebula...this is using both with the Rosen cab IRs..


https://soundcloud.com/pete-sklaroff/la-sunset-nebula-3-and-rosens

I'm impressed so far with the combination ... :-)

Thanks




Pete




Hey Pete!!! Nice to see someone using nebula with sgear!!! thats my main point with this topic.. just to "share" creative ways to use software....

if we have options why dont experiment ?
by the way what is good or bad? this is subjective, because a sound it is what it is! if you say.. "guys check this sounds i create using this or that"... people tend to judge based on what you use to create their "opinion" ... but if you are using and getting great tones... use what you need to use for that!

im the one who really hope that people experiment with new possibilities not only nebula but many other tools...creativity + innovation = new sounds

because there is nothing "one do it all" IMO... you can combine things to get the result you are after...

and nebula can help a lot in conjunction with other tools.... nice to see the great tones youre getting bro!! keep it up!

peace


Agreed!... :-)
  • psklaroff
  • psklaroff's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Master
  • Posts: 252
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #9454

o0Ampy0o wrote:

psklaroff wrote:

...I'm impressed so far with the combination ... :-)

Thanks

Pete
You are such a versatile guitarist.

Sounds great.


Thank you so much!... :-)
  • psklaroff
  • psklaroff's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Master
  • Posts: 252
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #9455

elambo wrote:

Agreed. The forum is a great way to extend the capabilities of S-Gear beyond what's in the manual, whether through advice for tweaking the existing options of S-Gear or by expanding outward. I've posted quite a lot about options for tweaking the signal path prior to reaching the computer, and I've picked up some tips along the way from others here. And, of course, there's much that can be done "in-the-mix" after the basic tone is recorded and it's wise to arm ourselves with all that knowledge if we want the best from S-Gear.

I also think there's something to be said for the appeal of "newness." We get familiar with common amps, so anything which changes them can be exciting. Happens all the time. But I've found that the basic amps are popular and iconic because they're so incredibly solid on their own. You can alter them, and a lot of amazing tones have been forged in that way, but S-Gear realizes the importance of the stalwart amps and it focuses on creating the strongest ground-level tones. And, with that, it's brilliant. Nothing else sounds as good. And adding building blocks on top of that can be fun, but I very often find that those alterations wear off - sometimes rather quickly - and I'm back at the basics again.

So, while I think Pete's latest is interesting and slightly different than previous samples, I have a preference for the prior examples, maybe because they sound more like the tones I have in my head. The fact that they're sourced from software and not real amps disappears quickly because they sound legit and so it's all about the music. With this one I found myself paying attention to the tones (something was a bit too synthetic) and the music became secondary. Minor differences but ours ears are very good at detecting the minutia.

I can't argue with any of that..wise words indeed! :-)

Thanks

Pete
  • psklaroff
  • psklaroff's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Master
  • Posts: 252
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #9457

Here's another track and hopefully a little more organic sounding. Getting those 'edge of breakup' guitar tones are always the hardest ones...

Hope you guys like it anyway..and any comments welcome as always..it all helps me to get things going better... :-)


https://soundcloud.com/pete-sklaroff/country-wide-iii
Cheers

Pete
  • psklaroff
  • psklaroff's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Master
  • Posts: 252
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S gear with Nebula 4 years 6 months ago #9458

psklaroff wrote:

the risk with all that is that you end up spending hours reading forums and manuals rather than just playing!..lol

Absolutely! It happens to the best of us but as we slam shut the creaking doors of our basement laboratories and peer through microscopes at the inner-workings of every detail of our equipment, we shouldn't forget the joy of just playing guitar. Far too often I've gotten lost in the creation of sound when I should have focused on the creation of music.

And I think that's been S-Gear's philosophy: provide options without over-complicating. And I like that. I also like to tweak, so it's good to know that all these options exist, but your point about "just playing" shouldn't get lost in the fray.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum